Thursday, May 26, 2011

SUPER EASY Three Ingredient Chicken Bar-B-Q


I love the taste of chicken and pork B-B-Q, but I have always been slightly intimidated to try to make it myself.  Finally after my husband’s favorite Bar-B-Q restaurant closed down, I realized that I was going to have to take the bull by the horns (or chicken by the beak?) and come up with an easy recipe to make it at home.  Honestly this could not be any easier…all you need is 3 ingredients, a crock-pot, and some time.



Step 1:  Add to crock pot; 6-8 boneless chicken breast, 1 jar of BBQ sauce, and about 20 ounces of Coke or Pepsi.



Step 2:  Cook on low heat for 7 hours.



Step 3:  This is a personal preference step…I like to ladle out all of the Pepsi/Coke.  This gets rid of all of the fat and extra soda that has not been cooked into the chicken.



Step 4:  Use a fork to shred the chicken and add another jar of BBQ sauce to replace all that you ladled out.  Return to cook on low heat for another hour.

Step 5: Serve!!


And that is it….super easy right?!  We like to serve ours with coleslaw on top, but again that is personal preference.  This recipe could easily feed 8 to 12 hungry people depending on how big the chicken breasts are.  You can also freeze leftovers and reheat in the crock-pot with barbeque sauce for another meal.  Let me know if you give it a try :)


8 comments:

  1. thank you for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment! I love your blog! This recipe looks delicious! I am definitely going to have to try it out! I am ALWAYS looking for new crock pot recipes! I am excited to be following you and to see more awesome recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I'm always looking for simple recipes. Being a Texas gal, I love BBQ.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, leaving a comment, and becoming a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm that looks great! Great blog. I found you on the blog hop. Here is my blog:
    http://daisygirlproductions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coleslaw on pulled BBQ as well!! Gosh I'm hungry!
    I came over to say hi from www.piggygiggles.com now I'm probably going to have to go get a snack at 10 o'clock at night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays. That looks great! You had me at crockpot and 3 ingredients. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know...I will try any recipe that only requires three ingredients...and even better if I can throw them all in the crockpot and forget about them for 8 hours:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This looks so good!
    You have the best stuff on here!

    ReplyDelete